Notes

Quick note from me, Jen: This is a cute one-shot cross-over between Megaman Starforce/Ryuusei no Rockman and Deadpool, a Marvel character who can break the "4th wall". :D It's a great story so I hope everybody enjoys it! I'm very happy that now we have two people who have submitted stories ^_^

Another Day

I can't believe what I'm seeing. There's a man in a black and red costume armed to the teeth and sitting at my kitchen table.

He's eating a sandwich, made from food that was in my fridge, and I know this because he has left the refrigerater door open. If the man notices me, he doesn't say anything.

"Who... are you?" Just for one day, I'd like to have a weirdo free day. Just one. Is that asking too much?

"Me? I'm Deadpool. Since CD is writing this fic, I have to make an appearance. Thanks for the sandwich! Sorry about the window."

"What are you talking about?" I look over at the windows. Each one seems fine.

"This." He then drops his sandwich, jumps up on the kitchen table, and smashes through the window on the left side of my front door. I blink. The window is shattered into small peices. I stare at half of a sandwich that is now oozing on my kitchen floor. What did he put into that thing, anyway?

"Mega? do you know who that was?" A voice comes from my transer:

"Why would I know who that maniac was?"

"Comes into my life suddenly. Invades my privacy. Doesn't bother to explain. Leaves when he feels like it and without warning. He could be your brother." I can't help but smirk. Geo Stelar: 1 Omega-Xis: 0.

"Oh, that's funny. Hardy-har-har. I don't have to tell you about your father, you know..."

"Which explains why you haven't yet, doesn't it?" And the crowd goes wild! Guess this won't be such a bad day after all. Wait, what time is it?

I push a button on my transer. It's 3:01 PM. The strangest person I've ever met just crashed through my window. The second is a FM-ian called Omega-Xis. The third strangest will be here in exactly one minute.

You see, school lets out at three o' clock, and it takes exactly two minutes to get from there to my house.

The doorbell rings. I could set my watch by it. She rings it again. I know she'll keep ringing it for about thirty minutes, and give up. Then tommorrow, she'd do the exact same thing. I don't feel particularly mean today, so I open the door.

"Geo! Some freak just came crashing through the window! Are you all right?" She looks sincerely worried. Maybe if I'm lucky she'll forget today.

"I'm fine, untill mother comes home and starts asking questions, anyway."

"That's good," and then her face loses all trace of worry and becomes determined and as tough as nails, as if she's in an old western shoot-out, "Why weren't you in school today?"

"The same reason that I wasn't in school yesterday or the day before. I've told you a thousand times, but you just don't understand!" Her face softens up a bit.

"I understand just fine, but isolating youself from the rest of the world isn't good for you, Geo!" I let out a soft sigh, I know she cares, but she truly doesn't understand. I know she has a point, but I just don't know how to tell her that it isn't that simple. Sometimes, I really feel older than my ten years.

"I'm going. See you around." As I walk out of my home and past Luna, I feel her gaze on my back.

"I'm coming with you," she states simply, as if it were a law. Why would she want to do that? I guess it doesn't matter. It's her business, and I can't expect people to stay out of my business if I don't stay out of theirs.

"Do what you want. I'm just going up to Vista Point."

"I know that! Where else would you be going?"

"I'm just going to look up at the sky. You're always saying what a waste of time it is." For some reason, this made her cheeks gain a bit of color.

"I am going, and there is nothing you can say to stop me, Geo Stelar!" She crossed her arms and huffed at me.

"Alright, alright, no need to-" My sentence is cut off as she grabs me by my arm and starts to drag me along, all the way to Vista point. Then she shoves me down on a bench. She sits down beside me, looking flustered for some reason.

"Here we are. Happy?"

"Yeah, yeah."

I then try to get into the sky, but something is different tonight. I know what it is. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Luna staring at me in a strange way. I try to block her out, but I can't. It's the way she's staring at me, I think, it's like she's studying me or something. Finally, after about ten minutes, I break down and ask her:

"Why are you staring at me like that?"

She jumps, obviously startled by my question.

"I was not staring at you!" she lies, "It must have been wishful thinking..."

"Sure it was, but who's?" Mega whispers in my ear with a snicker. I don't get it.

"Did you say something?"

"No."

The silence starts to get akward. Luna asks:

"So, who was that man that came crashing through the window?"

"He called himself Deadpool. That's all I know. So where are your friends?"

"They, uh, didn't want to come today."

"I see."

Then everything was quiet, except for the sounds of the night. I've always been able to lose myself in the sky. It's different every night. The stars spread out before me like a big map, and I always try to navigate it to find my father. No luck, yet, but...

A snore from beside me broke my musings. I look beside me to find a sleeping Luna.

I think three things almost all at once: My mother is going to kill me when she sees that window. Luna looks very cute when she's not talking. It's going to look very strange to her parents when I carry her home at this hour...

The End.

If you want to leave a review for this story, click here! You can also read the reviews left for this story so far here.